Sunday 17 May 2015

Batman...Father of the year

With the rebooting of the DC universe with The new 52, it gave me a chance to dive back into the comics reading about my favourite characters with direr need for a mother to dress them properly, except batman because he has an expensive butler for that...and no mother, but also meant that new animated movies would be coming out. Now in terms on live action movies DC are kinda the special needs kids, even if the movies coming out in the next five years do change my mind, it is too little too late. But with animated movies they are the dogs bollocks, recreating my favourite story arcs giving me another reason to spend all day in front of my PC, although Batman does seem to have more movies here than any other superhero in the universe, but fuck it he also has better games. So the newest is Batman vs Robin where Damian Wayne is the current Robin fighting between being the son of the Dark Knight and grandson of Ras Al Ghul which he constantly reminds us about. This movie follows the Son of Batman movie which I definitely recommend but the sequel doesn't seem to live up to the father…pun intended. It isn't bad, but kinda let me down in certain parts. It doesn't bring about any big names which I understand can’t happen in all movies because they have been used more than the world’s best hooker, but who the fuck is the Court of Owls. I am told it follows a story line from the new Nightwing which brings the question why didn't they use that instead. Creating a brand new story on something old is good, but creating a new story by ripping off the old by changing one aspect, is like poking a a wasp nest with a stick and seeing how long you can stand under it without fleeing in pain, asking for little pricks to cause you a lot of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment