Tuesday 4 November 2014

Beta is Closed

With the Warlords of Draenor beta coming to a close, I felt I should say something on it, even if my time with it was as short as the first time for a boy who only read about girls on the Web. Being as this is the first time I have ever been part of a beta, I had no clue as who to do a bloody thing, so I dove in head first like any crazy fan boy. As time went on I learnt my lessons and became experience, even leading my guild members into how to get started. Showing them how to start off then leaving them to explore the new world, mainly because I was getting tired of their questions about shit. Any way what can be said that hasn’t been already said, the new graphics look awesome, the new specs are tricky to get use to and the loss of certain spells keeps me up at night. The new story with old faces makes one think what could have been if the Cool Aid wasn't spiked by demon blood, and we finally get to deal with Garrosh and his daddy issues.  The one big thing that got me, is that WoW has always been an MMORPG that uses the idea that you as a character are not alone in any fight, but the garrison systems seems to contradict that. You are the only one with the garrison and you are commander, or so it seems. I do like that you can chat to anyone else in their garrisons via general chat, like that of a city, but with you being the only one in the garrison, I felt that I was a crazy person talking to people in my head. Usually the conversations are more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment