Sunday 15 June 2014

Feel the love

Who knew that you could have such a profound effect on my life? With the general elections having just occurred in South Africa, the life sucking vultures called politicians have finished advertising their best lies in order to get my vote. The come to you all smiles and promises but with a hidden agenda. Frankly this scares the shit out of me. South Africa has always been on this delicate balance of peace and general being totally fucked up due to the lack of competence of the leaders since 1994. Okay Mandela was able to save a country on the brink of war and lead us down a path of porosity, but then his party kinda lost its punch. Being a white male in a country where you are deemed a racist because of people you have never met did, does leave one with few options. I live with this constant gaze upon me like “what’s whitey gonna do?” often frustrates the shit out of me. What makes it worse is that ignorant statements like “Only whites do that” re-enforces the circle of hate that apparently whites are known for. If I call you a moron, it’s because you a moron, not because you are white or black or even purple for that matter. Just accept that you are an asshole and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment